201 S. Wilcox Drive
Kingsport, TN 37660
Saturday, April 23, 2022
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
or until trucks reach maximum capacity
Branches are not open for business on Saturdays.
At ECU, protecting your personal information is a top priority – that’s why we’re happy to once again bring Shred Days back throughout 2022. Shred-it®, who is certified by the National Association for Information Destruction, will be at several area branches to provide on-site document shredding via crosscut shredding technology. After documents have been securely shredded into confetti-sized pieces, they are bleached and recycled into other paper products.
Do you have outdated, confidential documents lying around your house that you aren’t sure what to do with? Well, bring your personal items to one of ECU’s 2022 Shred Days!
When gathering items to bring to Shred Day, please keep the following in mind:
- In order to give all members the opportunity to shred their documents, please limit your vehicle to the equivalent of four (4) boxes (12”x10”x15”) or less.
- Please sort through your items to ensure you only bring paper documents. Other materials can cause the shredding equipment to malfunction.
- Documents should be in bags or boxes that a person of average strength can carry. Plastic bags and cardboard cannot be shredded.
Not sure what materials to purge? Here are a few guidelines to help:
|Do Bring: (Paper items only)
||Do NOT Bring:
- Documents containing sensitive information (i.e., SSN, passwords, account numbers, etc.)
- Financial account statements
- ATM & credit card receipts/statements
- Canceled & voided checks
- Outdated tax, insurance, & medical records
- Expired photo IDs & credit cards
- Other personal confidential paperwork
- Magazines, phonebooks, or newspapers
- Electronics or media (i.e., videos/cassettes, hard drives, CDs, etc.)
- Medicine bottles or other plastics
- Junk mail, trash, or food waste
- Paper that has already been shredded
- Metal, glass, or batteries
- Three-ring binders or hanging file folders